- This event has passed.
Latin Vegetarian Cookery : Alexandria
15 March, 2016 @ 6:45 am - 9:00 pm
ake a culinary journey from Spain to the new world as you create delicious, authentic vegetarian meals from Spain, Central America, South America and Cuba.
Course fee includes all ingredients.
- sharp knife
- cutting board
- tea towel and apron
- oven mitts
- gained an awareness of OH&S issues in relation to food preparation
- learned how to read and follow a recipe
- become familiar with terminology used in food preparation
- gained an understanding of how to select fresh ingredients
- learned food preparation techniques including cleaning, chopping, mixing and kneading
- learned fundamental cooking techniques including boiling, roasting, baking, sautéing and frying
- gained an awareness of vegetarian nutrition and meal planning
- prepared, presented and tasted a range of starters, salads, main and desert components of a meal from various Latin American countries.