Orange & Almond Brownie Recipe
Recipe type: Dessert
So easy, it almost feels like cheating! Actually, I'm pretty sure it is cheating. Use Aldi's Moser Roth Orange & Almond Chocolate and you can't go wrong. Or some other good quality dark chocolate... but you get a lot of bang for your buck with the Aldi stuff!
- 125g unsalted butter, chopped
- 125g orange and almond dark chocolate, chopped
- 3 eggs, lightly whisked
- 335g (1½ cups) white sugar
- 115g (3/4 cup) plain flour
- 30g (1/4 cup) Dutch cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds
- Place butter and chocolate in a small pot, slowly stir and melt over a low heat.
- Set aside to cool whilst you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- Quickly whisk eggs, sugar and vanilla extract together.
- Add the egg and sugar mixture to the cooled melted butter and chocolate.
- Continue to mix whilst adding the flour and cocoa till just combined.
- Don't over mix once the flour is in.
- Pour into a prepared 20cm brownie tin, buttered and lined with silicon paper.
- Sprinkle with sliced almonds to garnish.
- Bake at 180C for 30 minutes. Centre should be cooked but moist, edges should be crisp. Nuts should be lightly browned. If they start to burn cover the brownie with foil to continue cooking.
- Cool completely in the tin.
- Lift out silicon paper to slice into 16 pieces.
- Best made the day before you need them 🙂
Aldi’s Moser Roth Orange Chocolate my favorite!!! Wish I was there to buy it every week!
Is there an equivalent in Argentina? Otherwise you could add finely grated orange rind and almonds to the mix…
celana renang anak laki says
i like almond brownies!
Susan Wild says
I’ve made this and it was delish. About to make it again for a sewing retreat. Thanks Lorena.