Join me for a fun and educational one day workshop on Sunday 20 August from 10 am to 3:00 pm at the Louis Joel Arts & Community Centre.
This workshop is perfect for those who are passionate about patchwork and want to learn how to create unique designs using the beautiful Winding Ways block, also known as the Wheel of Mystery.
During the workshop, we will discover how to create a scrappy look that focuses on colour and value to make those secondary designs pop. We will also learn how to make it modern by focusing on the principles of negative space, minimalism, and strong graphic lines. For those who want to take it up a notch, we will also cover fussy cutting techniques that can add an exciting twist to your designs.
Throughout the day, you will learn tips for accurate cutting and straightforward piecing of the curved shapes. Students usually make a few blocks in this class. If you’re feeling ambitious, keep going to make a bed-sized quilt or cushion.
Two sizes of templates will be available to use on the day to make 6″ or 12″ blocks.
WHAT TO BRING
- your sewing machine with a 1/4” patchwork foot (or hand piecing supplies)
- a small cutting mat and small rotary cutter (28mm is recommended)
- small iron and pressing mat (optional)
- a selection of fabrics in light, medium and dark values (8 FQs or 7″ x WOF cuts will be enough for a one day class)
- fine piecing cotton to match your fabrics (e.g., Aurifil 50wt)
- fabric safe glue with a metal nozzle (eg Roxanne’s Glue Baste It)
- a piece of batting or flannel to use as a design wall (optional)
- general sewing supplies (scissors, pins, quick unpick etc)
The workshop fee is $150, and it includes delicious morning tea and refreshments. Bring your own lunch and reusable cup. Please advise of any dietary requirements.
PREORDER AVAILABLE: 6” or 12” template set, Roxanne’s Glue Baste-it, Olfa 28mm rotary cutter
Don’t miss out on this fantastic opportunity to learn in this lovely gallery setting and create beautiful designs with like-minded individuals. Book your spot online or contact me for more information. I look forward to seeing you there!